Frequently Asked Questions
How do I know if I am eligible to apply for a LSC Scholarship?
1. Check the Eligibility Requirement section of the Application page to confirm you meet the criteria.
How do I maximize the opportunity to receive the scholarship?
1-Start your application early and complete it on time. The earlier you start the application, the better chance you have to submit the application before the deadline. You also have more time to ask us questions in case any part of the process needs clarification.
2-Tell us about yourself and use specific details when sharing your extracurricular activities. We do not know anything about you until you share it with us. Specific details can help us understand how great you are. The same can be said about your essay. We don’t expect the essay to run too long but make sure your essay helps us learn more about you and your perspectives.
3-Review your application for grammar and spelling errors.
When does the scholarship application open and close?
1. The scholarship opens February 3, 2021.
2. The scholarship closes April 5, 2021. Incomplete applications submitted after 4/5/2021 at 11:59 p.m. will not be reviewed and are ineligible for consideration.
Do I need to know which college I plan to attend before I complete the application?
1. No, you may submit the application prior to making your final decision. You must; however, list which colleges you are considering. All scholarships will be paid directly to the institution; therefore, you must inform us of your selection before we can make the award available to the institution.
Must I submit an official copy of my ACT/SAT scores although the institution is test optional?
1. Yes, to be considered as a LSC scholarship recipient you must submit ACT/SAT scores. We will consider full ACT/SAT and superscore results. You may update your best test results prior to April 5, 2021.